• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Argentine grill/smoker build

Wurstmeister

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 21, 2018
Holly Cow, That's outa here! Excellent craftsmanship and cooking skills my friend. 🍻

beernque

Joined Jan 10, 2021
Thanks PPG1 and Wurstmeister, I'm no brickmason for sure so slow going. I'm an electrician by trade. She's not finished yet but, I can at least start using it and dialing in temps,hot spots,etc. I found more pictures as well.....Cheers!

Bigheaded

Smoke Blower
Joined Mar 14, 2021
That looks decent, and by decent I mean I'd kill 2 or 3 people for it. WOOOOOW! And to think a little over a week ago I was patting myself on the back for the job I did putting my Masterbuilt 560 together. It was 34 steps and had like 30 parts! lol. I know you said you're not a brick mason, but you're clearly a very high-level handyman.

Did you make the plans in SketchUp or something similar? I couldn't even imagine all the math and calculations needed to make that (I hate that kind of math)

Last edited:

beernque

Joined Jan 10, 2021
That looks decent, and by decent I mean I'd kill 2 or 3 people for it. WOOOOOW! And to think a little over a week ago I was patting myself on the back for the job I did putting my Masterbuilt 560 together. It was 34 steps and had like 30 parts! lol. I know you said you're not a brick mason, but you're clearly a very high-level handyman.

Did you make the plans in SketchUp or something similar? I couldn't even imagine all the math and calculations needed to make that (I hate that kind of math)
Thanks Bigheaded. It took me quite some time to get to here. I've been in some kind of construction my whole life but, I'm an Electrician by trade. I got the idea from a youtube video from Ralf Gomm who built something similar and will sell you his design plans for 20 bucks. I made it my own by adding a side brasero on the grill,wider smoker with metal doors, and instead of an arch for wood storage, I went with a stainless door for storage. Here is the link to his video....

SmokinEdge

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 18, 2020
I like it! Nicely done. How’s she cook? Need some meat pictures. Lol

beernque

Joined Jan 10, 2021
I like it! Nicely done. How’s she cook? Need some meat pictures. Lol
Thanks SmokinEdge. I'm still dialing the smoker in for even and controllable temps. I've had one cook so far(pork butt and spatchcocked chicken). Both came out good but, temps were alot hotter on the edges than the center of the cook chamber. I had a 3/8th inch plate for a diffuser but too much gap on the edges, hence the unbalanced temps. Put a new plate in leaving 1/2 inch gap around all edges but, haven't had a chance to cook on it yet

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.