Apple brined, apple rubbed beer can chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nmaust

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 4, 2013
Dallas-Ft. Worth
sejaqu9u.jpg

Brined it 16 hours using an apple brine I saw on here. The rub was from the same thread. The tough part with the rub was the dried apples. I bought Adobe dried apples at Sprouts that still had a lot of moisture. I dried them in the oven at 170 for 2 1/2 hours, let them sit out over night & then ground them up this morning, but there must've been some moisture left, because they tended to cake up. The chicken is sitting on a half can of Dale's Pale Ale. I'll post a pic every hour when I spray the ribs.

3ydy3adu.jpg

One hour in. The fire is tricky today, because it's 32 outside with sleet. Fortunately, I picked up a half cord of pecan logs yesterday, so I have some big pieces to maintain the temp.

9yryjygy.jpg
Wow...that got to an IT off 165 a lot faster than expected. It's done now, but we don't want to eat for another hour. Is it safe to wrap it in foil & place it in a towel lined cooler to stay warm?

Isn't it great when a meal turns out great? Congratulations on a meal well done. The best part, they will just get better as you keep cooking.

Disco

It is great! I've been cooking for years & have always done am awesome beer can chicken, but my new smoker has gotten me excited to try new recipes and techniques since I don't worry add much about temperature control as I did with my old one. Thanks for the encouraging words.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky