Anyone use the dynaglo with a billows?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TokiHacker

Original poster
Oct 4, 2020
Looking at the wide dynaglo offset and was interested in a billows for it but I don’t see how it would work. Seeing if anyone is using this combo

If that's what they expect from their smoker, it's a very poor design... The heat needs to move to the CC faster so the FB temp is around 300F and fuel consumption is significantly reduced... The exhaust stack "may" have to be enlarged to allow for better air flow... Same with the FB/CC opening....
If you could lower the FB and reconnect it so the FB outlet entered the bottom part of the CC, and add an upper air inlet to the FB, I think you may have a winner...

1609160022178.png

This could be connected directly to the side of the CC or partial bottom and side would work also... Depends on what you have to work with... The upper air inlet would act as the bellows you speak of... Moving heat to the CC without adding air to the fire..... Thus it would lower your FB temp.... Has worked well for others on this site.... Not on your particular smoker but home made units....

FB  air inlets.jpg

Reactions: hoity toit
If you are going to get a dyna-glo, get this one.

1609161529582.png

I use a PID controller and a fan on my charcoal smoker. It works great.

The biggest issue you will have is getting a fan adapter for your rig.

I bought the BBQ Guru Pit Viper fan and adapter for my smoker and hooked it up to my own PID controller.

JC :emoji_cat:

Reactions: JWFokker
I had the Dyna-glo wide body smoker and a co-worker got the one pictured above. Even with the addition of a welding blanket, I couldn't keep mine up to temp in the winter. The Dyna-glo smokers have very thin metal which makes them susceptible to temperature swings.

I liked my Dyna-glo smoker and it produced some good Q but it's limitations were more than I wanted to put up with so I got a new smoker with insulated walls.

JC :emoji_cat:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky