Anyone use Jack Miller's sauce?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

analog assassin

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 16, 2007
I know we have some guys from La. here. Anybody use Jack Miller's BBQ sauce? It's not the traditional sweet smoky sauce.It's got lots of onions, it's thick, kind of tangy.
Someone told me a similar sauce is being made under the name of "Pig Stand."

Jack Miller's is popular on burgers at fairs, but I've also enjoyed it on grillades and mixed in pulled pork.

So, anyone else?

It has been 20 years since I have used Jack Miller's BBQ sauce. It is a mopping sauce for sure. I notice that our local Sam's is selling it and have been teased into perhaps trying it again so I too would like to hear from others who has tried it lately.

I am from Opelousas, just a hop, skip, and a jump from Ville Platte and grew up using Jack Miller's. My father used it, I have used it all my life. I moved from Opelousas in 1965 but have been mail order purchasing it.  The sauce is not a sweet sauce and is heavy with solids. General instructions say add equal parts of Jack Miller's and oil. Heat them together and swab the meats with the oil.  When serving the meats, ladle the solids from the sauce on the meats. I used to ladle the solids on toasted French bread or mix it with Rice Dressing (Dirty Rice or Cajun Rice).

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky