• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Anyone use Jack Miller's sauce?

analog assassin

Fire Starter
Joined Apr 16, 2007
I know we have some guys from La. here. Anybody use Jack Miller's BBQ sauce? It's not the traditional sweet smoky sauce.It's got lots of onions, it's thick, kind of tangy.
Someone told me a similar sauce is being made under the name of "Pig Stand."

Jack Miller's is popular on burgers at fairs, but I've also enjoyed it on grillades and mixed in pulled pork.

So, anyone else?

oillogger

Meat Mopper
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 25, 2006
It has been 20 years since I have used Jack Miller's BBQ sauce. It is a mopping sauce for sure. I notice that our local Sam's is selling it and have been teased into perhaps trying it again so I too would like to hear from others who has tried it lately.

cheech

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 19, 2005
Not familiar with that one although it does sound nice.

deejaydebi

Legendary Pitmaster
Joined Nov 18, 2006
Never heard of it but then here in CT most people used Kraft or Masterpiece.

royhudd

Joined Feb 21, 2017
I am from Opelousas, just a hop, skip, and a jump from Ville Platte and grew up using Jack Miller's. My father used it, I have used it all my life. I moved from Opelousas in 1965 but have been mail order purchasing it.  The sauce is not a sweet sauce and is heavy with solids. General instructions say add equal parts of Jack Miller's and oil. Heat them together and swab the meats with the oil.  When serving the meats, ladle the solids from the sauce on the meats. I used to ladle the solids on toasted French bread or mix it with Rice Dressing (Dirty Rice or Cajun Rice).

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.