Anyone use a chopper for emulsified meats?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
So, last time I cooked for the guys at the firehouse, I opened a cabinet and low and behold there is a meat chopper sitting there. I've never used one, but know they make superior emulsions. Should I consider using it to make mortadella?

So, last time I cooked for the guys at the firehouse, I opened a cabinet and low and behold there is a meat chopper sitting there. I've never used one, but know they make superior emulsions. Should I consider using it to make mortadella?
Is it like a buffalo chopper ? If so I would say yes .

I used an old stand mixer from the 50's to do Bologna . Worked pretty good .

Is it like a buffalo chopper ? If so I would say yes .

I used an old stand mixer from the 50's to do Bologna . Worked pretty good .
What sort of "attachment" did you use with the mixer? The Mrs got a Hamilton Beach mixer for Christmas and I was wondering if I could emulsify with it :D

What sort of "attachment" did you use with the mixer? The Mrs got a Hamilton Beach mixer for Christmas and I was wondering if I could emulsify with it :D
I just used the stock beaters . Ball bearing base on the stand . After it got going the bowl spun and the beaters did the work . I was surprised . Meat was ground already . I had pics when I did it . Let me look for them .
This is a pretty big unit . Has a meat grinder attachment / external drive .

Make sure you make a big batch when you use it, to make it worthwhile, cause there's a lot of clean-up afterwards. ;)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky