Anyone recognize this Texas smoker?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chp

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Sep 30, 2020
Colorado
I recently purchased a used offset smoker and am cleaning it up to give to my daughter and her husband (get the next generation into smoking). It came from Texas and the seller thought it was a Lyfe Tyme smoker. So I reached out to them and heard back that it might be, but there were a few things like the smoke stack length and the design of the shelf on the firebox that are different. Anybody recognize this smoker? Just looking to learn. Thanks
ECC29FB6-C8EC-447A-8572-B8ABD77CE281.jpeg

1078A8A9-1AB1-4291-B68E-51A8DBA338DE.jpeg
I
did replace the handles. They were turned and more ornate, but too far gone to save.Looking forward to learning something more about this 12” diameter smoker. Here is the before:
698BCAD9-4E46-4713-8B9C-217E99FE3A57.jpeg

Last edited:
Any of the Lang Gang want to chime in? Looks a bit like a Lang to me.
But you've restored it beautifully. That's a lifetime gift for sure. well done!!!

Reactions: chp
View attachment 471720
But you've restored it beautifully. That's a lifetime gift for sure. well done!!!
Thank you! I forgot to mention a few items. It has a “12” welded into the end of the firebox. It also has a pair of hooks on the inside of the top of the vertical chamber. I assume for hanging meat?

It is Nothing like a Lang.

It's more like an original OK Joe, Horizon, or Yoder.

ETA -Ooops, I 'bout forgot about Lyfetime(sp?).

Last edited:
That’s pretty much it! The original handles were that same design. Thanks for the information

More than welcome. I was just scrolling through Craig's List after seeing your post, saw this, and thought it looked similar. Went back and forth between the sites a few times and realized it was pretty much identical. Odd how the timing worked out. I only check for smokers on Craig's List every couple months and decided to check this morning.

Robert

Reactions: chp and sawhorseray
It's a find of a Lyfetyme.

Seriously, you might want to contact them requesting decals/plates.
https://www.lyfetyme.com/contact-us/
Worse thing they could do is want to charge you for them. And they might see it as good advertising to have a nicely restored one like this proudly wearing their badge since it supports their "Our name says it all" slogan.

Last edited:
Reactions: chp
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky