Anyone like 60's and 70's music?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Welder?
I got a Miller Bobcat, Miller wire feeder, Antique Hobart, Century buzz box and a good ole fashioned set of Victor torches with assorted tips!
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

Now if I only knew how to use them
PDT_Armataz_01_04.gif

Dang Terry and Zapper, you're fellas after my own heart!

I wish I knew how to weld.
smile.gif

Good morning Patty.
icon_biggrin.gif
As much as I razz you
icon_razz.gif
, in truth you are very talented. You would learn to weld in no time. With a wire feed, you just pull the trigger, with a stick machine, you strike it like a match. It just takes practice. Weld two pieces of metal togather as best you can, put them in a vice, get a big hammer and try to break them apart. When you can no longer break them apart, you is a welder.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
If you are serious about learning, PM or email me. I can proably help you get started.

Terry, is it anything like soldering? I know how to solder.

no, when you weld, you actually melt portions of the base metal togather. The stick or wire flows into the melted mixture to add some volume and also the flux or gas, floats the impurity to the top of the bead, where with a stick machine, you chip the slag off and underneath is your perfect weld, wire feed doesn't have the slag.

Thank you Terry!
icon_smile.gif

Now I can say I've had my first welding lesson!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky