Anyone knows about chicken shoulder?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

choya

Original poster
May 30, 2014
Hi. I need your expertise on Chicken here. I am working for an F&B supplies company and I have a customer requesting for a specific part of the Chicken, that is the Chicken Shoulder Meat.

It is supposed to be a small piece of meat from the shoulder that is very tender and it is especially liked by the Japanese. But I have no idea where exactly it is located at and the way to cut it. Someone told me it is near to the outer breast of each side.

Does anyone knows where the chicken shoulder part is? And is there a specific way of cutting to derive the meat? Any diagrams or pictures would be great. I'm totally clueless. Any help, info or referral to anyone would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

i've been a meatcutter for a long time and i can honestly say i've never heard of it,like alelover said i've heard of the oyster,i would guess the shoulder is where the wing attaches to the breast, good luck

The chicken shoulder is where the wing attaches to the backbone by the shoulder blades.  Often it is removed with the wing, but if you detach the wing close to the joint you will see it there.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky