Anyone know how to post a video taken with a cell phone?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
I have some short video clips from our processing day that my uncle sent me, would like to post them. Is there an easy way to post directly onto SMF or do I need to upload to youtube? I tried to post direct to SMF but kept getting an error code.

youtube works good. Other than that…I think I’m too old. I would need to ask my adult children

Reactions: daveomak
You have to have a video host. Some of the pictures host sites do this also not just YouTube. If you have a picture hosting site that supports video use that. Would sure be nice if this site would host pictures. Would make life easier.

YouTube is what I use for the few I’ve done. It’s pretty easy to create a free account, upload vids and then it will generate links for you to use in posts.

I like vimeo for this sort of thing. A little easier and more under the radar. IE if you have some music playing in the background you will get banned on YT for copyright infringement.

I like vimeo for this sort of thing. A little easier and more under the radar. IE if you have some music playing in the background you will get banned on YT for copyright infringement.

Odysee is an up and coming video platform that a lot of people who are tired of being censored by youtube are moving to. Check it out as well.

Reactions: zwiller
Odysee is an up and coming video platform that a lot of people who are tired of being censored by youtube are moving to. Check it out as well.
THANKS. Been a few years but I REALLY push the envelope so that is great info. I do an animated light show to music. I try and using newer/starving artists that will actually appreciate the exposure to mitigate the issue.

Reactions: daveomak and DougE
THANKS. Been a few years but I REALLY push the envelope so that is great info. I do an animated light show to music. I try and using newer/starving artists that will actually appreciate the exposure to mitigate the issue.
...now you have my brain picturing a light show while grinding meat!!! LOL!!!!!

...now you have my brain picturing a light show while grinding meat!!! LOL!!!!!
I might be able to work something out for that! LOL

My show is a Christmas display. My most popular video is a band singing their own Christmas lyrics to the melody of Journey's Don't Stop Believing to the music of Metallica's Enter Sandman. SO, who is gonna sue who when it all goes down that I shot a video of Christmas lights to it? :emoji_laughing:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky