Anyone hear from TNjake?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks for the post. He and I have had a PM string going since I joined. He PMd me because of the Bell Fab connection. I saw he hasn't posted since April, and I haven't heard from him on the PM string. Hope he's okay.

He is just taking a break. I haven’t talked to him but I’m sure he is just living life. He will be back I would suspect. He loves this place, but needs a break from time to time.

Reactions: JLeonard
I texted him to wish him a happy July 4th. Haven't talked with him since, but he was doing fine.

Shows he was last on July 22nd hopefully he's just been busy and will be back around before long

Hope to see him back posting sometime soon, I bet the BF hasn't been setting idle lol

Jake said he was taking a break , which I completely understand .
Talked to Richie on the phone a month ago . He's doing good . Most of the time he gets on early morning . Last seen this past Friday . He's a really good dude . I enjoy talking to him .
It's good to hear he's doing well. I always enjoyed his posts.

It's been a very long time since Disco popped in. I actually posted about this a couple months ago. He hasn't been here since February.

I miss the "old fat guy". He helped me out with my first bacon attempt, and I see Dave is currently logged on.

Chris

It's been a very long time since Disco popped in. I actually posted about this a couple months ago. He hasn't been here since February.
Disco’s wife passed away end of November 2021. He hasn’t made any videos or done much cooking since that I’m aware of. That would make sense since he was last on Feb 2022. I really enjoyed his videos and recipes. But I understand the pain since it was something he and his wife did as a team
Jake lived on the forum but was hidden from who is on view so there was no way to see he was on or off . He most likely was on but just not posting. Only the admin could verify.

Last edited:
Jake is taking a break but he and Emily are also in a state of transition right now. Kids are growing up, moving out, going off to school, etc. They are becoming empty nesters and that means a lifestyle change. Additionally Emily took a part time job and turned it into a full time career and it has taken a HUGE amount of time. Hopefully he will be back at some point but that remains to be seen. I've not been in contact with him for a few weeks but will reach out today and see how everything is going with him.
Not only Jake, but tropics tropics (Richie), daveomak daveomak , and disco disco haven't been seen recently
Another one who we've not seen for a while is Jed ( bauchjw bauchjw ) I know he left VA and went to CA to tidy up some things in prelude to his retirement, which should be coming any time now. Be great to see all those folks back again. I'll also touch base with Jed also and see where life is taking him now.

Robert

Jake is taking a break but he and Emily are also in a state of transition right now. Kids are growing up, moving out, going off to school, etc. They are becoming empty nesters and that means a lifestyle change. Additionally Emily took a part time job and turned it into a full time career and it has taken a HUGE amount of time. Hopefully he will be back at some point but that remains to be seen. I've not been in contact with him for a few weeks but will reach out today and see how everything is going with him.

Another one who we've not seen for a while is Jed ( bauchjw bauchjw ) I know he left VA and went to CA to tidy up some things in prelude to his retirement, which should be coming any time now. Be great to see all those folks back again. I'll also touch base with Jed also and see where life is taking him now.

Robert
I was wondering about Jake, I pm'd him a few months ago and never heard back. I was just think about Jed also the other day thought the same. I hope they both check back in.

Reactions: jcam222
I PM' Jed awhile back when I noticed he wasn't around. Did not hear back and figured he was just busy.

Robert
Maybe Newsom pulled the plug on the internet in CA. If the homeless can't have it nobody can.

Chris

Disco’s wife passed away end of November 2021. He hasn’t made any videos or done much cooking since that I’m aware of. That would make sense since he was last on Feb 2022. I really enjoyed his videos and recipes. But I understand the pain since it was something he and his wife did as a team
Jake lived on the forum but was hidden from who is on view so there was no way to see he was on or off . He most likely was on but just not posting. Only the admin could verify.
Yeah where did daveomak daveomak get to he has a lot of knowledge and used to post a daily food safety thread.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky