Anyone had any luck smoking shrimp?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin stang

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 15, 2006
Paducah, Kentucky
Anyone had any luck with smoking shrimp on their propane smoker? I have marinated some shrimp in italian dressing and am going to smoke some today along with three meatloafs, twenty atomic buffalo turds, and three Jimmy Dean fatty's.

Go Fish,
Unfortunately, the shrimp turned out like rubber. I put it in an aluminum foil pan and it had some italian dressing in the pan. It was the shrimp that was not in the italian dressing that was rubberized. Maybe it will turn out better next time by putting more italian dressing in the pan and basting. Then again, if it is in the oil I do not know if you will get the smoke flavor. Remember, I am a rookie at this but I am not afraid to experiment. I was the one smoked this time not the shrimp.

Dave

GoFish,
By the way, the regular, maple, and sage Jimmy Dean Sausage was hittin on all 8's. The ABT's look and are very tasty as well. Probably could have used some salt on the ABT's but I figured the bacon would salt them up a little. Guess not! :cry: I also stuffed the peppers with chicken that was rubbed in garlic powder and onion powder. Got a feelin that these boys will be the talk of the party tonight but there is always room for improvement. That is why I joined the Mac Daddy of all Smokin Websites.

I do shrimp on bamboo skewers in the GOSM. If you have a Trader Joes in your area they have a couple bottled marinades/sauces that are pretty good with shrimp, Lemon Dill and a Chipotle pepper that I'll add a little oil to and put in ziploks overnight then smoke for about an hour and serve with the dipping sauce.

close to what i do

i butterfly my shrimp...thin slice of jalapeno... thin slice of pepperjack cheese wrap it in bacon

i grill em, pan fry em, broil em.... just about anyway is good with shrimp and pork..lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky