Anyone ever tried to do a Turducken?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nope bet it looks cool though!

... anybody got a duck they want to send me?

Short of hunting which I don't do anymore where does one acquire a duck anyway?
I've never seen them in a store.

I've seen Paula Dean do it on food network during the holidays. She cooked her's in the oven.

It's something I would like to try some day.

They are usually available here frozen around the holidays Debi. I bet if you ask your meat dept man he will either have one stashed in the freezer or can get it for you.

They had Turduckens at the store here this last holiday season. We decided not to go that route though.

you can get them online, but they're pricey because of all the prep time and ingredients. However, they are delicious......a rainbow of fowl and stuffing!

slicedbj8.jpg

Deejay ...I believe the skin is left on ,but I don't think it would matter ( prob better skin off ) since there is layers of sausage between each bird :)
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Cabelas sells them also but very pricey. I had one at a buddys place one time and it was very good.

Jessie seems to have seen an already made turducken in a store someplace at Chrismas time. I gotta slow down and look at things I'm not planning on buying sometime! I just hate shopping. ergh!
PDT_Armataz_01_02.gif

We usually end up with one around Thanksgiving and I just throw it in my 17" MACA Dutch oven, stack a few coals around it and let it cook for a while. It sure is pretty tasty and I am not a real fan of tur,duck,or the hen part.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky