• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Anyone ever smoke a Boar Leg

buckeyeborne

Joined Oct 20, 2012
I was given a Boar leg and want to smoke it in a couple weeks.  I have the Chargriller Duo with the firebox.  I was thinking about doing a rub and using applewood.  Say 225 degrees.  But for how long.  Any suggestions?

bkleinsmid

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 11, 2010
Which leg and about what does it weight? Bone-in?

I like the apple wood........I mix mine with about 1/3 oak.  225* to 250* works very well

Are you going to slice or shred?

Brad

buckeyeborne

Joined Oct 20, 2012
It weighs 5.5 pounds.  Bone In.  Thigh.  Probably going to keep it as a roast and slice to eat.  I have applewood.  225 sounds right.  How long am I looking at 5-6 hrs?  And any rub that is particularly good?

WaterinHoleBrew

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 18, 2013
Never done one but if I were to I think I would do it the way your leaning on... Good luck, hope ya can post some pics. Would really enjoy seeing them. BTW, what IT are ya shooting for.... WHB

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.