Anyone ever do Smoked hot peppers?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sherrillcuse

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 27, 2020
Sherrill NY
Im still new to smoking things. My Hot Peppers are starting to be ready. I picked a bunch yesterday and was thinking of trying to Smoke them. Not sure where to start or how to attempt it. Is it worth it or would I be wasting my time? Thanks for any advice...

Are you wanting to smoke/cook them to eat right away? Or smoke/dry them to store on the shelf and use at a later date?

smoke them to eat not for dried peppers. I do that now with some other varieties. The ones Im wanting to do now are long hots and I usually fry them up in my cast iron skillet with olive oil and have with meals. I was thinking to try something different with them.

Have you thought about canning/pickling? I got six pints out of about 20 banana peppers last year (1/2 & 1/2 sweet and hot). Lot's easier than canning tomatoes. Mixing hot and sweet tones down the heat a bit. Great as a relish on brats, etc. or in baked beans. I can find the recipe if you like or you can find one on the web like I did.
I tried smoking Jalapenos once and wasn't impressed, but I didn't blanch and peel them. IMG_3152.JPG

If I'm doing them to eat with meals , I blister the skin on the grill . Then into a paper bag to steam . When cool enough peel the skin and take the seeds out .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky