Anyone cut up a waxed wheel?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

erazz

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 27, 2015
Picked up a 10lbs wax wheel of Gouda and just curious if anyone has Divided one up. I’m having a wire cutting board made for me, but just curious of any tips or suggestions

I cut up full wheels to smoke Gouda. I peel the wax and the layer under the wax off to expose the cheese to smoke... Below is a pic of the Gouda and some Pepper Jack after is was smoked... As far as dividing it equally, I just sort of eyeball it. They come out pretty even... There may be a couple small ones, but all in all, pretty good...

rd 3.jpg

Reactions: jcam222
I cut up full wheels to smoke Gouda. I peel the wax and the layer under the wax off to expose the cheese to smoke... Below is a pic of the Gouda and some Pepper Jack after is was smoked... As far as dividing it equally, I just sort of eyeball it. They come out pretty even... There may be a couple small ones, but all in all, pretty good...

View attachment 412725
Nice color, what wood did you use and how long? I’m still trying to find my favorite...right now just been doing apple dust for 3 hours

Smoked Gouda is some good stuff! I peel the wax rind off it when I buy it...although I buy it in wedges and not the full wheel.

I like to smoke mine with Pecan.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky