Anybody like pecan wood?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
If you have the muscle, you should be able to find all you want after hurricane Ida blew through the Baton Rouge area. Either cut it yourself or ride around and find some for sale cut and stacked by the road.....
Wurd.

I knew folks in Baton Rouge making homemade lump charcoal from the pecan & water oak downed by Gustav in 2008 after running out of room to stack & season any more green wood for smoking to season, back while we lived in rural St. James Parish.

Wurd.

I knew folks in Baton Rouge making homemade lump charcoal from the pecan & water oak downed by Gustav in 2008 after running out of room to stack & season any more green wood for smoking to season, back while we lived in rural St. James Parish.

do you remember what they charged and/or where about I could find them? I imagine most likely being sense 2008 chances are slim lol.

Reactions: Mr. Zorg
Nope, they were associated with the now long moribund The Smoke Ring forum. And it's likely they've burned up everything they gathered from that event 13 years ago by now. We left Louisiana in early2012, relocated to The Great Lakes area again by my wife's employer, and then in 2016 finally back to Texas, been here in The Alamo City since that summer.

Why not look around for folks doing something similar in the wake of far more recent & relevant Hurricane Ida like @indaswap suggested?

indaswamp indaswamp , we lived a few miles upriver from the traffic light at Grand Point, right along Hwy 3125, and worked at the Marathon Garyville facility from mid 2005 to early 2012. I mostly worked on what was then the largest construction project on the North American continent, with a peak labor force of 10,000 workers arriving and departing that job site each day. Truly memorable!

I love pecan. Fairly strong smoke flavor, not quite as strong as hickory, but the aroma is so much better than hickory smoke.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky