Any opinions on the Weber Summit Kamado?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mrad

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Sep 27, 2012
Princeton, MN
Looking for opinions on the Weber Summit Kamado. Does anyone own one, and if so, what are your opinions?
I came across a great deal on one today and am ready to make the purchase. I should mention that I currently have 7 grill smokers. A Blazn Grill works, A Lousianna Davey Crocket, three Weber kettles (14,18,22 inch) an MES, and a Weber Gas grill. I told her we could get rid of 2-3 of the weber charcoals if I get this one.
Just wondering how they cook compared to the weber smokey mountain, which I was originally looking at, and the other kamado ceramics?

Recently it seems like every time I see someone ask about which kamado to buy this is the number one suggestion. I don't own one, but I do think they are interesting. I smoked on a kamado for a while and it seemed fine to me. However, I bought a Hunsaker drum cooker which would be more comparable to a WSM and I prefer to smoke on that.

Looking for opinions on the Weber Summit Kamado. Does anyone own one, and if so, what are your opinions?
I came across a great deal on one today and am ready to make the purchase. I should mention that I currently have 7 grill smokers. A Blazn Grill works, A Lousianna Davey Crocket, three Weber kettles (14,18,22 inch) an MES, and a Weber Gas grill. I told her we could get rid of 2-3 of the weber charcoals if I get this one.
Just wondering how they cook compared to the weber smokey mountain, which I was originally looking at, and the other kamado ceramics?
I don’t know anything about them but 7 cookers? A man after my own heart!

You mentioned a great deal because the $1,049.00 price I've seen searching is out of line for porcelain painted insulared steal. It looks like a super expensive char griller kamado Akorn with wood stove insulation in the entire shell of the smoker like the one in my Avatar. It's now up tp $300 from $248 about 10 years ago. If mine ever fails I'd get it again. Hell three of them for the price of the Weber. Research Akorn. It has a large insulated removable ash pan to accomadate briqutte ash volume. The 17" coal grate from the 22" weber fits perfectly where the Akorn indirect ceramic stone goes and a 15" pizza stone on that grate is a perfect diffuser. The grate is an elevated coal grate for searing and qick cooks. The features match the Weber Summit.

Last edited:
Kamados are good for high heat, but mediocre at smoking. The WSM is a dedicated smoker. If you already have a kettle, I'd get the WSM.

Kamados are good for high heat, but mediocre at smoking. The WSM is a dedicated smoker. If you already have a kettle, I'd get the WSM.
What makes them mediocre? Using the Joe slow roller you get tons of great smoke, and can keep adding wood to the fire. Get great smoke rings on the meats. And taste is……..Smokey :-)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky