Any Ideas For a Cheap Smoke This Weekend?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

solar

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 26, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
I want to smoke some red meat this weekend, but want to get something somewhat cheap. Something around 4 pounds but under $20. Any ideas?

How about a meatloaf?
icon_smile.gif

or maybe a really thick chunk of London Broil (shoulder steak) marinated overnight first.

check the adds-sirloin tip was on sale here last we-chuck is always pretty cheep-I vote chuck

One of the few good things bout the economy meet & gas prices are dropping. This week locally pork butt $1.17 LB for fresh ( not enhanced ) black angus porterhouse $7.19 lb & boneless chuck for $ 2.29 a lb

Thanks for all the ideas guys, a chuck roast sounds pretty good, and I thought about a London Broil, I haven't done either one yet so they're both good posibilities. Does a LB come out tender or does it retain some of it's toughness?

I use LB for jerky when on sale-chuck has more fat in it to give u a moister meat-go with chuck.

Check your local store sale papers for their deals, and go from there.

If you're lucky, you have a local store that does'nt have "sales" like most do...they just give you a decent price for whatever you want to buy, all week long, HAH!

Yeah, I know, you don't see that much anymore in this country. But, you gotta look for the deals, right?

Remember, if you can eat it smoke it? Whatever works for ya!

Eric

2 1.25 Lb slices of fillet mignion. Oh it might be $21. But make ABT's and shrooms and....
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Short marinade with onion, garlic CBP and red wine. finish on HOT grill after Hmmm... 95° internal? Whadia think?

Could always go with smoked hamburgers.

That's not a bad idea, but were can I find filet mignion for under $10 a pound? Though I really only need enough to feed 2 people I'd probably stay within budget.

Since I'm not cooking for a army this weekend that would be a perfect and easy idea, I haven't had a good burger in a while.

decisions, decisions.....

I think that thread just made up my mind. Those looked great, if i can't find a decent chuck roast, I'm going with burgers.

Curious Aardvark, Not a big fan of venison, and it's hard to find around these parts.

wutang, I thought about doing a fattie if I did burgers, because I normally buy 3 pounds of ground chuck at a time.

Going to have to make up my mind soon.....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky