any good snack sticks recipes?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Armyguy2004

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 8, 2019
I am craving for some savory snack sticks on the sweet side. anyone has some good recipes on that?

thank you!
plus, what is the exchange ratio between dextrose and granular sugar? and the ratio of stevia and sugar? from the retailer, they claim that stevia is about 280 times sweeter than sugar?

Start with a flavor you like.... Do you like a particular jerky or sausage....
I make salami and beef sticks from A.C. Leggs Hot Italian sausage recipe.. they note they have 2.26% total sugars in that recipe.. Don't know how they figure that.. could be they measure the sugars in all the ingredients they add... carbohydrates etc...
Honey or maple syrup add nice flavors.. don't add too much.. maybe 1/2 to1%... sugars also hold moisture because it is hygroscopic......

Hygroscopic substances include cellulose fibers (such as cotton and paper), sugar, caramel, honey, glycerol, ethanol, wood, methanol, sulfuric acid, many fertilizer chemicals, many salts (like calcium chloride, bases like sodium hydroxide etc.), and a wide variety of other substances.[1]

Owens BBQ and their Honey Barbeque snack stick seasoning. I have not had anyone try it that didn't comment. A nice sweet flavor that even folks who don't like wild game like. I add a pound of high temp pepper jack cheese to the mix to give it a follow on snap.

Reactions: Armyguy2004
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky