Another SnS Tri Tip

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mr_whipple

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jul 3, 2021
Virginia
So the Weber is getting a workout after being ignored for a bit, but I said this was going down in the kettle wings thread HERE, so off we go. Small planet, BGKYSmoker BGKYSmoker also did a SnS Tri Tip yesterday... .

I liked the last dizzy pig rub I tried so much I thought this would be interesting. Actually pretty darn good so my interest in store bought rubs is changing..
20220918_104029.jpg

Fired up the SnS and when ready tossed in two pieces of Hickory and one Cherry

20220918_163839.jpg

Once the grill came up to heat I switched the probe to the meat as the kettle pretty much settles in. I ran this a little hot as I was tired. 300ish and steady.
20220918_165835.jpg

Pulled at about 120 somethingish.. I like it rare. Foiled and rested for about 15-20 minutes.
20220918_180832.jpg
e

No plated pics as I didn't eat. By the time this was said and done I had a few slices and shared one or two of those with the dogs. Too tired to do much of anything except sleep. The last week has been trying. Thanks for looking.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky