Another smoked meatloaf...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Retired Spook

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jun 28, 2022
Another burboun glazed smoked meatloaf but I skipped the pepper jack cheese filling this time.

In the smoker:
IMG_1748.JPG

Glaze on:
IMG_1761.JPG

Finished at 160-degrees - rested for 20-minutes:
IMG_1764.JPG

Not bad - very moist, very tender and super flavorful but I mighta went a little overboard with the red pepper flakes! :emoji_sunglasses:

A fine looking Loaf of Life Spook, nice work! I'll have to try a glaze on the next one, raised Italian, always just top with tomato-basil sauce. RAY

Reactions: Retired Spook
Thanks guys! I miss those Italian meatloaves Ray - Grandma was a true gourmet.

I think I need to up the breadcrumb amount; this meatloaf fell apart a bit - broke in half right in the middle and the slices fall apart real easy if not super careful with the knife. Other than that it tastes great and the burboun / brown sugar / ketchup glaze is just great.

But I do miss Grandma's Italian meatloaf.

Do you use a little milk and a raw egg, maybe 2? Bells, onion, and garlic? Geez, now I want one! RAY
Yep to everything!

3-lbs chuck - 1-1/2 cup bread crumbs, 2-eggs, 1/2 cup milk, bell pepper, onion and fresh garlic and a good squeeze of ketchup.

Just falls apart a little too easy - but tastes great.

Yep to everything!

3-lbs chuck - 1-1/2 cup bread crumbs, 2-eggs, 1/2 cup milk, bell pepper, onion and fresh garlic and a good squeeze of ketchup.

Just falls apart a little too easy - but tastes great.
I just mix all my meat, peppers, onions, spices, egg, and usually a healthy shot of ketchup, then mix just enough breadcrumbs in at the end so that it isn't "sloppy"

Thank you everyone - I just had a slice for breakfast and if there is one thing that is true about meatloaf it is that it definately gets better over night in the fridge!

And the spicy is nice :emoji_thumbsup:

Reactions: clifish
Great looking meatloaf sir!! Sorry to hear about the small woes that went along with it but in the end, it sounds like a really tasty cook. Meatloaf is becoming ever more popular around here, especially now that I've stopped trying to make somebody else's recipe and just make it my way.
I mighta went a little overboard with the red pepper flakes!
Is that even possible?? :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Reactions: Retired Spook
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky