another noobie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nokidz

Original poster
Sep 23, 2006
hi all, i am new to smokers and stuff. i have a new smoker and my wife threw out the directions. how do i prep it to use it for the first time, and what do i do?????? help.
my smoker looks like this......
B0001FX5HO.01-A1KDZ23Y0QWKQ3._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Dude I am no pro nor do i have a unit like yours but this is what I would do.Coat the inside with vegetable oil (except firebox). stoke it with charcoal . Go pickup meat and wood (plus adult beverage) . Drink beverage and work on your recipe for tomorrow. Wellcome from the Rat

If you know who the manufacturer is you may be able to find the directions/manual online :) . That is how I replaced my first manual/cookbook for my ECB last year once it got too stained. Good luck and happy smoking! Daun

Use PAM or wipe on vegetable oil or peanut oil in the cooking chamber. Heat to 300 for about 3-4 hours. You'll get a nice coating and it'll set everything in place. Some folks even wipe down the outside to set the paint.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky