Another New Guy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

abingdonraven

Original poster
Dec 3, 2007
Abingdon, Maryland
Hi I'm Steve. I live in Abingdon, Maryland just north of Baltimore. I have done a little bit of smoking on my gas grill with indirect heat and a chip box but nothing major. I plan on doing a whole lot of smoking very soon as I know that my wife has gotten me a Weber 2820 Smokey Mountain Smoker for Christmas. I have been looking for some good tips and recipes and I was lucky enough to stumble upon this forum. This place looks like it could provide everything I could ever need or want to know about smoking. I'm looking forward to learning from everyone. Thanks

Welcome aboard Steve! Get signed up for Jeff's free 5 day ecourse... it is jammed full of great info to get you rolling!

Have fun!

Welcome to the SMF Steve! That's a nice Christmas gift!
smile.gif

Welcome to the SMF, how can I get put on your Wife's shopping list
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Remember questions are welcome here and we love Q-View

Welcome to SMF, Steve!! In addition to what other folks have already said, you might want to check out the links on the left-hand side of the page. There's lots of good info there. Make yourself at home here. We're a friendly bunch and glad to have you with us.

Thanks for the warm reception! I look forward to learning from and chatting with you all. As for the Christmas gift . . . my wife and I have an agreement where we pick out our own gifts except for one surprise gift. That way we make sure were getting something that will get used!

Sounds like a good way to exchange presents Steve. I know you will be getting a lot of use out of that Weber.

When you finally unwrap don't forget to share your first smoke with us.

Welcome to the forum.

Excellent! welcome aboard. Lot's of good stuff around here. I've learned so munch in just 6 months it's crazy. BEWARE - it's addictive.
PDT_Armataz_01_11.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_11.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_11.gif

oh, GO PATRIOTS!!
icon_mrgreen.gif

I'm not really a patriots fan, just playin. I would love to see the ravens thump em tonight.

Well hello neighbor.... there a small group of us on here from Havre de Grace.... you found the right spot.... this site is the place with lots of friendly folks with the best secrets to smokin' ... enjoy!

Howdy:

Good introduction. Makes us feel like we know you a little.

Nice to have you on board. Nothing like some cooperation from Mrs. Clause, to brighten up the season. Like the others say, you will be adicted in no time.

Have fun.

Skip

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky