Another New Guy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jmott7

Original poster
Nov 26, 2013
Hello from L.A. I'm Jordan, and I make do with a Weber Performer and a Smokenator. It means, even though I feed it on the hour, some serious fire-rebuilding about halfway through a pork butt, but, since I've got a very active 4-year-old, it also means I can claim a day to be left alone to do my thing. And that's not all bad.
I'm embarrassed to say I've never done a whole brisket, but I know the limitations of what I've got here, so I'm going to wait until I've got a dedicated smoker that can maintain a longer burn without Daddy having to stay on the fire like a bird on a worm.

I'm always interested in new and esoteric dinners, so long as the trick isn't in the sauce, so if anyone's ever done ostrich or kangaroo, I'd love to learn from you.

Happy Smoking,
Jordan

Jordan welcome to SMF glad you joined us. You'll find some good info and some great recipes here. Have fun and happy smoking

Thanks, Piney. I look forward to the whole ride.

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything  ........  
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky