Another new guy to the forum

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

johns

Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
Evening all,

I live in North Central Arkansas. New to and trying to learn the fine art of smoking. Trying hard to get a nice smoked brisket.....so far, my efforts have been for naught. Tough meat, although did have a good smoked flavor. Look forward to learning from the pros on this sight....Thanks.

Hello JohnS and Welcome to Smoking Meat Forum!! There is a lot to learn here and well be glad to help you along the way.

So you're wanting to do briskets!! I was into smoking meats for a year before I did my first brisket. We have some good info on briskets in the "Beef" thread. You could also type in "brisket" into the Search box and just those topics that mention briskets will appear. A couple of cautions though- Some of these topics have pictures and plan on doing an "All Nighter" for the perfect brisket.

Welcome JohnS. Glad you found us and I hope you enjoy all the information here. We look forward to hearing form you in other posts as well.

John, Welcome Friend!! Brisket is the king of Q in my book as well, you'll be making great stuff in no time from the advice you'll get here.
Are you using a thermometer to check for doneness, it really simplifies things a lot.

Welcome to the board John. My guess is, all you have to do is cook the brisket a little longer to get the tenderness you're looking for. :D I like to cook them to 195* internal temperature, sometimes up to 200*.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky