another KCBS rules question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

stiffyman

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 18, 2007
NM
I will be in my first KCBS comp end of this month, I am not clear on what the rules are for the turn ins for the anything butt, desert, and side dish turn ins, the comp rules only say KCBS rules apply, what do people normally use to turn these types of categoires in please, just please give me some gerneral ideas that will help for exampl I will be doing a cake for the desert? thanks all any help will be appreciated

Anything butt is anything except the 4 comp meats (chicken, PORK ribs, pork shoulder or brisket)

Usually there's rules posted specific for this and most of them are about garnishing. I've seen pig's cheek, lobster, sword fish, beef ribs, chocolate cake, lamb, fried meat or fruit pies.... Anything goes pretty much.

The stuff you cook for anything butt does not count towards your KCBS score and may or may not have prize $$$ associated with it. I'd think twice about shelling out for lobster tail, fois gras or caviar if all you're getting is bragging rights and a ribbon.

-rob

Thanks then we do not use the 9x9 styrofoam boxes for these??

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky