Another help choose a smoker thread

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey guys another quick question cause i was reading the manaul. When you do the first burn in process you need to put a 1/2 cup of pellets directly into the fire pot to provide fuel to burn while auger tube self-primes. Then pour pellets into your grill’s pellet hopper.
This is just for the initial burn in process because the auger does not have any pellets?
You don't need to manually put pellets in the fire pot for every cook correct?

Hey guys another quick question cause i was reading the manaul. When you do the first burn in process you need to put a 1/2 cup of pellets directly into the fire pot to provide fuel to burn while auger tube self-primes. Then pour pellets into your grill’s pellet hopper.
This is just for the initial burn in process because the auger does not have any pellets?
You don't need to manually put pellets in the fire pot for every cook correct?

No, just that first time to prime it.

After that, you won’t need to do it again.

But. Fill the hopper first. Then put your handful of pellets into the fire pot, then start the grill and take it to 400 or 450 whichever the instructions say.

This way as the fire catches and the auger turns, the auger is not “dry” but steadily feeding pellets from the full hopper towards that handful that you dropped in for your initial start.

Congrats! I love my RT700. the app and wifi controller are amazing - I have seen not issues or errors using my iPhone.

thats the hard part...waiting for it to arrive... assembly is easy. I cant wait to smoke more meat!

thats the hard part...waiting for it to arrive... assembly is easy. I cant wait to smoke more meat!
Yea its getting warmer here in NY. So its that time of year to smoke a lot. Smoker will come just in time for the spring.

Guys, I thought the Stampede was a 2 year warranty. I see on there site it shows
  • 4 Year Warranty • Covers all components
Is this correct. Was this changed? Anyone else see that?

Guys, I thought the Stampede was a 2 year warranty. I see on there site it shows
  • 4 Year Warranty • Covers all components
Is this correct. Was this changed? Anyone else see that?

They must have just changed it.

Wow. That’s great, they did just change the warranty on the Stampede from 2 yrs from 4yrs. And it applies to my own Stampede.

Now that’s product support. Or more likely confidence in their own product.

Last edited:
looks like there is a video on facebook. I am going to watch it.

They just announced that the stampede is now a 4 year warranty. Even existing ones. Thats great news make my deal even sweeter lol.

Reactions: SlowmotionQue
They just announced that the stampede is now a 4 year warranty. Even existing ones. Thats great news make my deal even sweeter lol.

Yes, it does. You can buy now with even more confidence.

In my own case, them basically giving me a 2yr extended warranty, at no cost, shows me a lot.

They wouldn’t be doubling the warranty on new and existing Stampedes if they felt that they’d end up honoring a slew of warranty claims. They know that they have a good product.

Also nobody forced them to make this retroactive for existing Stampede owners.

They’re earning a lot of good will there.

I never felt that they would leave me hanging if I had a problem 25 months out.

But them extending my warranty period makes me rest even easier and makes me even more satisfied with my purchase.

Just ordered my Stampede and can't wait for it to get here. I was talking to one of the guys on customer service and inquiring about a front folding shelf. They said one is currently being designed/produced and hopefully released in the next 2 months. In the mean time, are people using any mods to add a front folding shelf?

There’s a mod here. People bought brackets on amazon and added there own shelf.
I’ll see if I can find the thread.

Yea its nice. Anyone smoke a pizza on a rec tec yet?
there are thread on there on making pizza in a pellet burner. its jsut like an oven - set it at your fave temp, and toss the pie right on the grate. I have not tried it, but will be this summer

Cool thank you for that link. My new Rec Tec should be coming the end of this week.
You’re gonna love it. Don’t know your location but I recommend the insulated jacket if you’re in the North. Makes winter smoking much more efficient.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky