another "bubba" fatty

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bbq bubba

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 12, 2007
new baltimore, mi
I don't know if u guys are getting sick of these yet, but here's one for the new guys.....2 chubs of sausage rolled out, cover with sauteed red pepper and onion and garlic, about a pound of sharp cheddar and roll it up and wrap with thick sliced bacon

the trick is keeping the sausage cold to work with (several trips back to the freezer) smoking it with hickory to 160*, almost done now, will post finished product shortly................enjoy
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

here ya go, done at 162*, smells awesome

actually got the pinwheel effect i was goin for (hard to roll though) best tastin yet, with the cheese and veggies, it's almost a meal itself

for the rookies, roll the sausage between wax paper, the stuff is sticky, this one was a 1/4" thick whick made it hard to roll and had several blowouts, but the bacon held it together nicely
nice way to finish the weekend!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
BUBBA

looks good there. i did a stuffed fatty last night too. i used cheddar and pepperoni slices in mine. i bought a block of cheddar for the abt's, and used it in the fatty also. i sliced it into little blocks, and placed it in there; with 2 layers of pepperoni slices.

Bubba great lookin fatty ..I guess since I can't buy a Fatty in my part of the world ,I'm gonna have to fire up the grinder and make a few myself...need more sausages anyway
PDT_Armataz_01_03.gif

Wait a minute!!! u canucks telling me u cant get Jimmy dean, bob evans or po folks brand sausage there???
confused.gif
Maybe i need to make a run for the border with some chubs for u guys............trade ya for some canadian beer

Alright Bubba, When do I get to taste one of these Fatties? Seen plenty of pictures time to taste!!! Bring up the fixens for one this weekend I'll have the smoker fired up for a Brisket anyway...
P.S. The new Weber kettle made some Awesome Ribeyes,Beef Kabobes, and Baked Sweet Potatoes last night can't believe this is my first Weber with all the other toy's coming before it.....Your Cuz DB BBQ

if you have a Sobey's around(one in Woodstock)look for signature brand... i believe they are very similar to what we use for a fattie down here...there are 7 varieties available but not all are chub sausages

or you could just buy some lean ground pork and spice it the way you want it

EDIT: If you are around the GTA, check out Highland Farms. they have been known to have bulk frozen american style sausage show up at times

oh and let me add to the list... i want a case yes i said case of Pizza Pops....lol

ok for the cannucks i have found a couple of pdf files that are suppose to be clones of Jimmy Dean sausages... heres what i have so far... but the search still continues..lol

pork breakfast sausage
http://lpoli.50webs.com/index_files/Link-JDean.pdf

Breakfast Sausage Maple Flavored (PDF)

this is also the comments i got when i messaged on another board...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky