Another Bell Fab Brisket Cook

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Displaced Texan

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Nov 11, 2020
Burr Ridge, IL
Actually did two briskets a few days ago. Had some buddies in town for one and a small family gathering yesterday for the other. Successful with my smoking 7 hours in the afternoon and finishing wrapped in the oven 7 hours strategy. Rested/held the first one starting at 6:30 am, and sliced around 3 PM. Rested and refrigerated the second until yesterday morning and then all day in the warmer at 150°. Here is the result of that brisket.

Loving there Bell Fab more with each cook.

IMG_0588.JPG

IMG_0589.JPG

IMG_0590.JPG

Also, this was my first cook using a new miter saw to cut my splits down before splitting them further in my kindling cracker. Very happy with the result. Made the fire management more manageable.

IMG_0574.JPG

Last edited:
Beautiful bark and looks juicy. I don’t have to shorten my splits for the Lang 84 but I do use my cracker snd have settled into only using splits pop can circumference. Far easier to manage heat and maintain coal bed.
Thanks. Lol my firebox is plenty big. It’s the cracker that is too short. Good excuse for a new miter saw.

Reactions: ConrodM and jcam222
Actually did two briskets a few days ago. Had some buddies in town for one and a small family gathering yesterday for the other. Successful with my smoking 7 hours in the afternoon and finishing wrapped in the oven 7 hours strategy. Rested/held the first one starting at 6:30 am, and sliced around 3 PM. Rested and refrigerated the second until yesterday morning and then all day in the warmer at 150°. Here is the result of that brisket.

Loving there Bell Fab more with each cook.

View attachment 634895

View attachment 634896

View attachment 634897

Also, this was my first cook using a new miter saw to cut my splits down before splitting them further in my kindling cracker. Very happy with the result. Made the fire management more manageable.

View attachment 634898
Very Nice!! You got it dialed in for sure! Nothing like the smells and tastes from a stick burner is there

Reactions: Displaced Texan
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky