and 'nother newbie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jconstable

Original poster
Nov 20, 2006
hello folks. just found this website while trying to locate some information. I hail from Northern California, and have been smoking (meats) going on 3 years. Still learning and trying different ideas. just tried a small turkey.. .he didn't turn out as well as i had hoped. Couldn't keep the smoker at a constant temp :(

Welcome, welcome!

Glad you are here. Please consider taking Jeff's 5-day course on smoking basics. Feel free to ask questions. The friendly folks here at SMF will make answer.

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

Welcome to SMF jconstable!!! Sorry about your turkey, but you have found the place to get it together. Lot's of good turkey threads going this month so head on to the Poultry section and check them out!

didn't brine him... problem was keeping smoker up to temp. using a smoke and grill unit the one with warm ideal and hot on the temp gauge. went out and got a "real' temp gauge. was also thinking of modding the top of the unit with some type of sliding opening to see if I can adjust the temp better. Did a ham for thanksgiving and turned out perfect ( as usual), didn't brine him either.

Welcome JC, glad you found us. I have yet to brine any of my smoked poultry, and all have turned out great. I do want to try a brine eventually, to see what the difference is. Welcome!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky