AMNPS with galvanized smoke stack

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hinds90

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 16, 2017
I'm doing the mail box mod to my electric smoker and the only elbow I could find to connect the smoker to the mail box is a galvanized steel. Will this be a issue? The smoker nor the amnps should reach temps high enough?

I believe the consensus is that unless the galvanized metal is directly exposed to high heat that the risk is minimal.
X2.  That mailbox mod would never see high enough heat to matter.  If you look at random photos of ducting used for that mod in a search, you will find that probably 95% use galvanized ducting.

As to the heat level. I did a proof of concept test one time with a cardboard box for my "mailbox" and white PVC for the ducting.  I did put a piece of sheet metal (galvanized no less) under my pellet tray so no smoldering ash would ignite the cardboard "mailbox" and there were no problems.  No where near enough heat.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky