AMNPS Rookie Mistakes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great idea Bear, I'll give that a whirl....Thanks to everyone for the useful feedback!

The Amazen gadget works fine outside of my MES 30, I'm moving it around the inside grates to see if I can find a spot with the best draught to encourage the air flow...I'm smoking some mojo chicken leg quarters today...

Last edited:
The Amazen gadget works fine outside of my MES 30, I'm moving it around the inside grates to see if I can find a spot with the best draught to encourage the air flow...I'm smoking some mojo chicken leg quarters today...
Per Todd, I moved the Amazen gadget to the top rack, pellets stayed lit and the 'inside turbulence' Todd mentioned was definitely there...As an added smoke source I did a couple of dumps of pellets into the onboard chip loader, they smoke up *SO* much better than wood chips!

I also tried out last night my new AMNPS in my MES30. I have to figure out how to keep the meat drippings from reaching it. I am currently searching the forum. But didnt see a TRUE solution for this. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
I also tried out last night my new AMNPS in my MES30. I have to figure out how to keep the meat drippings from reaching it. I am currently searching the forum. But didnt see a TRUE solution for this. Any suggestions?
Will This help???

Half of a foil pan, upside down. You can see the drips that landed on it, instead of on the Amazing.

It wasn't needed for this smoke, but I put it in anyway.

Bear

Last edited:

So that nobody feels sorry for this fumbling rookie, thought I'd post a before/after of the pork butt...I actually raised the temp for this slab-o-meat to 240 degrees thinking it would compensate for the larger damper opening, probably another rookie mistake:

points.gif
For the results.

points.gif
For not giving up.

Well done.

What a great help. I picked up my new AMZNPS and will smoke a small pork picnic tomorrow. I did buy a propane torch to light and thanks to the video link Bear sent me I bought a Wagner heat gun to get it smoking fast. I have an old wire rib rack that I will set it on for better air flow. and plan to pre dry my hickory pellets in the microwave for a minute before I load them.Can't wait to Smoke.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky