Amish Lebanon Bologna

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Amish Lebanon Bologna Recipe.
(If you want 5 pounds just half everything)

10 Lbs. beef chuck
3 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons corn syrup solids
2 tablespoons powdered dextrose
1 tablespoon ground white pepper
1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
1 tablespoon paprika
2 teaspoons Amesphos
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 cup buttermilk powder (Saco cultured buttermilk powder) better than fermento and cheaper. find in the baking isle at the store.
2 level tsp cure #2

Cube and grind meat through a 3/16" grinder plate then mix with spices. (you dont have to emulsify)
Stuff into 2 1/4-3" casings. Or go old Amish and use cloth bags.

Fermenting is not that hard, Trust me.....Baaaahahaha...jk

Ferment at:
16 hours at 90°F - 90% humidity
28 hours at 105°F - 85% humidity
6 hours of 110°F - 85% humidity
Then smoke at 150°F until the internal temperature is 137°F. Let it cool at room temperature until it reaches 110°F and let it age 4-5 days before eating.

Looks like its a good recipe! I love Lebanon bologna. Is the 4-5 day aging at room temp?

You can leave hang at room temp for a few days to dry some.

But i'm not a native PAr....lol

Warren

Are you going to come down this far?

That's a nice area.

Warren
She lived in a very old log style house that dated back to like Lincoln. They found presidential buttons and pins in the ground in some sistern hut. The township had their fish hatchery there as the stream ran thru the front yard, her job at the sports mens society was to feed the trout.

Not sure how I would get them temps to ferment. Bigger light bulb I guess in my ferment tent.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky