Amazing local cauliflower

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Stopped in to my favorite Mennonite / Amish store today and saw these irresistible cauliflower. First the yellow caught my eye because I swears it bigger around than a basketball! Of course I couldn’t pass on the amazing purple either. Having no plans to do justice to the purple I’ll likely vacuum pack and freeze for a future purée. Will make for a gorgeous dish. Will likely do a cheddar mash with the yellow. I don’t know what they are fertilizing with but it’s working lol.
36C95ECA-B6F7-4601-9901-0C687DA117B1.jpeg
0C7F5C73-C8DF-4D4D-B581-14C0640714E7.jpeg
9C626C24-426C-4C92-963E-0C7188C78C9B.jpeg

That's some nice looking cauliflower. I too wonder what what they fed it .... almost looks like mutant heads.

I don't raise it, or broccoli anymore. The bugs usually end up eating more of it than I do. lol

Reactions: jcam222
Man some nice stuff I love cauliflower. I like using Chef Eyal Shani 's recipe. Enjoy the benefits of living near Amish and other cool peoples in the N.E. bud. What other cool items u get from farmers and stuff good meats ?

Don't forget purple bell peppers, kale, okra, and basil those are the ones I could think of off the top of my head I have grown all of those as well as the purple cauliflower

We didn't eat any of this when I was growing up . My kids got me to eating some of it , and cauliflower is one of my favorites . My son makes it buffalo wing style .
Man it's good like that .

We didn't eat any of this when I was growing up . My kids got me to eating some of it , and cauliflower is one of my favorites . My son makes it buffalo wing style .
Man it's good like that .
My wife has done that for us and also a dish with casserole dish with marinara and parm.

Reactions: chopsaw
I like to take cauliflower, cut it up into chunks, boil it in salted water and then take the mixer to it to make faux garlic mashed potatoes to top cottage pies. Much lower glycemic index than the taters.

I like to take cauliflower, cut it up into chunks, boil it in salted water and then take the mixer to it to make faux garlic mashed potatoes to top cottage pies. Much lower glycemic index than the taters.
I do a lot of mashes with cauliflower and also cauliflower and turnip. Many of my posts here include them.

Reactions: 1MoreFord
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky