Amazen or other brand tube smokers?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks like all the Great Things about Amazing Smokers & Todd's Customer Service has been covered here.

However, I was one of the guys helping Todd with some testing of a few of his AMNS & AMNPS units, starting back in 2009, and I can tell you he logged in Thousands of hours testing all of his Smokers & a mess of Prototypes that never made it to market.
Even his Prototypes are made better than most of the Knock-offs that are out there.
Also, You'll never find a nicer guy than Todd.

Bear

I use the 5 x 8 maze in a mailbox for all my smokes. I couldn't even tell you where the chip tray for my MES-30 is. Never had any problems. I work in an industry that constantly is dealing with cheap foreign knock offs. I have no issue paying more for made in USA.

I'm rather appalled and surprised at some of the responses I read here. They smack of blatant attack for a dissenting opinion. WTF?
This is the sort of thing I've been kicked off of forums for, standing my ground based on my personal experience that varies from others, and mostly Admins and Moderators. Completely different circumstances, but standing my ground.

What is the title?
fellas,

I’ve got a 4 shelf digital Bradley smoker

Someone recently mentioned the A-Maze-In smoke tube in lieu of the Bradley bisquettes. I’ve seen some other brands of smoke tubes online.

Are they all comparable to each other?

Or is the A-Maze-In brand smoke tube a better or superior design?

My thoughts, based on yesterdays experiance....
I decided, after a lot of wishin and lookin, I wanted to jump on the band wagon and get myself an Amazen Pellet tray of my own. So I went to the source, Amazen Products, pick it, and headed for check out. $29.99

Then hit the deal breaker.... Shipping. I put my foot down last year about shipping charges and sub-standard shipping by a few (damn few) companies. $13.50 for shipping. Really? Oh, but if you spend $49 bucks you get free shipping!
Do I have STUPID written on my forehead? No!

What I find interesting, and what pissed me clear off, is if I order from Home Depot, I don't pay any shipping. And here's the proof: https://www.homedepot.com/p/A-MAZE-N-5x8-in-Smoker-Maze-AMNPS5X8/301426353
How about that.... Tell me, Whom is absorbing the shipping cost for Home Depot?

Now, the broth thickens. Of my many background talents, one is fabrication. So I decided maybe I could simply make something myself for my pipe burner grill. I have the material, I have ways to form the material, so I decided to proceed. And succeed. In the hopes maybe somebody else could take advantage of what I found.
I posted it over here: https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/smoke-in-a-pipe-burner.272435/

OK, I'll move on from here. I think I've seen some dirty underware.
I'm going to smoke some salmon...

PS: Maybe Todd will see this and realize shipping can be a deal breaker. ;):cool:

Reactions: SherryT
I'm rather appalled and surprised at some of the responses I read here. They smack of blatant attack for a dissenting opinion. WTF?
This is the sort of thing I've been kicked off of forums for, standing my ground based on my personal experience that varies from others, and mostly Admins and Moderators. Completely different circumstances, but standing my ground.

What is the title?

My thoughts, based on yesterdays experiance....
I decided, after a lot of wishin and lookin, I wanted to jump on the band wagon and get myself an Amazen Pellet tray of my own. So I went to the source, Amazen Products, pick it, and headed for check out. $29.99

Then hit the deal breaker.... Shipping. I put my foot down last year about shipping charges and sub-standard shipping by a few (damn few) companies. $13.50 for shipping. Really? Oh, but if you spend $49 bucks you get free shipping!
Do I have STUPID written on my forehead? No!

What I find interesting, and what pissed me clear off, is if I order from Home Depot, I don't pay any shipping. And here's the proof: https://www.homedepot.com/p/A-MAZE-N-5x8-in-Smoker-Maze-AMNPS5X8/301426353
How about that.... Tell me, Whom is absorbing the shipping cost for Home Depot?

Now, the broth thickens. Of my many background talents, one is fabrication. So I decided maybe I could simply make something myself for my pipe burner grill. I have the material, I have ways to form the material, so I decided to proceed. And succeed. In the hopes maybe somebody else could take advantage of what I found.
I posted it over here: https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/smoke-in-a-pipe-burner.272435/

OK, I'll move on from here. I think I've seen some dirty underware.
I'm going to smoke some salmon...

PS: Maybe Todd will see this and realize shipping can be a deal breaker. ;):cool:
My wife picked me one of Todd’s up at local Big box store, filled with pellets, and two 1lb bags of other pellets. All for cheaper than on amazon. A lot of us don’t have the knowledge, skill, or ability to make our own, or acces to materials and equipment to do so.

Cudos to you for taking the initiative to do so.

Reactions: SonnyE
My wife picked me one of Todd’s up at local Big box store, filled with pellets, and two 1lb bags of other pellets. All for cheaper than on amazon. A lot of us don’t have the knowledge, skill, or ability to make our own, or acces to materials and equipment to do so.

Cudos to you for taking the initiative to do so.

I completely understand. I'd like to just pick one up myself, and may.
But for now, there are other options I'm exploring.

I finally just bit the bullet and ordered an AMNPS through my local orange box store.
It's been lost in a UPS truck since I ordered it. But today, it finally arrived in my State (The State of Denial).
So looks like I'll be smoken Amazen tomorrow night, if Orange Box doesn't loose it.
I'll be ready with my Salmon Nugget run.

Last edited:
Thanks for all your replies to this thread! I know it's old, but I specifically need a tube that doesn't rust (it's very humid in MD and grills rust out soooo fast) and came here for advice. Will order the Amaz n today!

Thanks for all your replies to this thread! I know it's old, but I specifically need a tube that doesn't rust (it's very humid in MD and grills rust out soooo fast) and came here for advice. Will order the Amaz n today!

I don't know what smoker you have, but the Tube is recommended for very large smokers or smokers that are used at high altitudes (3000' or more).
Since you are in MD, I doubt if you are at any high altitude, so unless your Smoker is plenty big, I would recommend you get the 5 X 8 Tray--AMNPS from Amazing, and some Pellets & Dust.

John

Old post, I know...

I have 2 a-maze-n trays that i love.

Picked up a Kingsford smoke tube at Dollar General for $5.00

Awesome! No need to pay 2 or 3 times more for the original.

I highly recommend the Kingsford tube.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky