Allnighter Packer Brisket Smoke for the Firehouse...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
Brisket went on sale for $2.99/# so I told the guys that if they buy it-I'll cook it. They were fine with that since I bought the last two briskets. One of the guys delivered a 16.5# packer to my door today. Ended up with a 13# trimmed packer for the smokehouse. seasoned it with salt and CBP...
IMG_20220510_223852.jpg

and the pan with the veggies for the smokey au jus..
IMG_20220510_224005.jpg

just put it on at midnight...
IMG_20220510_235603.jpg

should be done sometime after lunchtime tomorrow and I'll put in an ice chest to carry to the firehouse where it will sit in the oven on low until suppertime.

I'll be up most of the night with a few naps checking in here and there if anyone else is around...

Well just got to work......And I'm wanting a piece of that. Looks like a great start!
Jim

Well, just woke from a cat nap...checked the smoke, needed wood so I added more white oak chunks. Temps. holding 260*F-268*F which is perfect for my smokehouse. INT just hit 160*F so coming out of the stall...color looks great, I'll snap a pic. when I add more wood..

Had to shift on the fly 3 hours in...the regulator kept shutting the flow back to a bare flame. Could not line it out to work right so called an audible and changed out to my high pressure regulator on my crawfish boiling rig. It'll run it as long as no wind and thankfully it is calm. Will trouble shoot it, or jut pick up another low pressure from my buddy's hardware store.

Keith,
That is a beautiful sight.
The guys at the firehouse sure will enjoy it and make short work of it too.

Stu

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

See, you are like me. I get to work, pull up my email and make sure there is nothing pressing, then log onto SMF to see what I missed from the night before lol
Yep! After 30yrs of bedside nursing I landed a desk job in a transfer center. Now nursing a computer. Lots of free time to eyeball what you guys are doing!
Jim

Ok stupid question I am sure has been answered before but, are you a part of the fire dept? I made some stuff for the fire house my uncle used to run out of as an EMT. (God rest his soul, great man.)

Reactions: nicefly and bauchjw
Looks like a successful cook and a great meal for a very well deserving crew. Multiple points for providing to some real heros.

Ok stupid question I am sure has been answered before but, are you a part of the fire dept? I made some stuff for the fire house my uncle used to run out of as an EMT. (God rest his soul, great man.)
No I am not a fireman. My first cousin is a district Captain and he is like a brother to me. I cook for them, they cook for me...it's a win/win since I am a single guy.

Late posting pics. of the cook tonight....installed the correct chillers on my new maturing chamber tonight after we ate.

Out of the oven from holding...
IMG_20220511_183257.jpg

IMG_20220511_183247.jpg

Here ya go..the slice:
IMG_20220511_192310.jpg

IMG_20220511_192307.jpg

The plate:
Brisket, garlic mashed potatoes, brisket au jus gravy, and coleslaw...
IMG_20220511_192250.jpg

Was good. One of my better ones.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky