All wood only...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I agree about the bark and I've seen some get the fire started with bark and all and during the cooking use the bark less dry wood. Thanks for the color advice.

Yes bark is bad. Not to mention bugs, (click beetles in pignut and red oak) moisture, moss, etc that's why I like it while its falling off also

Reactions: bsnemo
I never thought much about the bugs.....don't think I'll mention that to the lil' Missus. A little extra protein in the smoke probably isn't a big deal.....unless you get a stink bug in there.

Yea depends on your geographic location, some centipedes are worse than stink bugs! Some bugs that fly may try and fly up and hide in a nice cool spot to escape the fire...see where I'm going? ...you never know

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky