All nighter

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dacdots

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 3, 2005
Ripley WV
I just put on a nine pound butt,its about ten oclock here,and I have some ribs to do tomorrow.When it turns out Ill send pics.

Well here are the results.I put the Butt in at 10 P.M. Saturday night at about 150 deg. and this morning I kicked it up to 220 until 8 oclock Sun. evening.It hit 150 deg about 1:30 this afternoon and dtuck there for four hours until it started moving again.I took advantage of this time and planted ten Red Bud trees.The ribs were on for six hours and were great.
a541a3e8_vbattach12469.jpg

48fd7da4_vbattach12467.jpg

209f49e0_vbattach12468.jpg

Man that is some good looking grub! I have not done an all nighter yet, interesting on how you did the temps...I'm learning stuff all the time.

WV,I let the butt go all night at 150 deg just to get it going.I dont like to take it up to cooking temp while Im asleep,Im afraid it will get to high and ruin everything.I have had all nighters going where Id set the alarm for about every two hours and keep check on it,but the older I get the more I cherish a good nights sleep.

Looks good David. As always your touch seems to add to my knowledge and my desire to try things in a little new and different manner. Thanks for sharing.

Bill

David -

You are the king! Your butt and ribs look as good as your bacon and hams!

(I don't know why but that didn't sound quite right...
rolleyes.gif
)

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Debi I'm gonna be good and leave you alone this time and just agree with you... Fine looking food there Dacdots thanks for sharing!

Piggie

I rewrote that about 4 times and it just never did sound good but David knows I think he's a fine smoker. Hope his wife doesn't take it wrong!

eek.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky