Alert banner popping up while posting

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dr k

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 22, 2013
Peoria, IL
Just wondering if the banner "you have 1 new alert(s)" etc. that appears while posting or compiling a thread is necessary, having the red box with the alert count in the upper right corner or can it be cut down to one second vs. the current duration? When posting it blocks what your typing sometimes and holds you hostage till it disappears then to reappear frequently before completing the post. I got it 3xs while posting this thread.

I forgot to mention I'm mostly mobile ph posting/viewing so what I'm seeing maybe much different than PC viewing. I'm having to scroll around it to read/type. If it would blink/flash 1 second once instead of a 7 second permanent message that would be great for mobile.

I forgot to mention I'm mostly mobile ph posting/viewing so what I'm seeing maybe much different than PC viewing. I'm having to scroll around it to read/type. If it would blink/flash 1 second once instead of a 7 second permanent message that would be great for mobile.
I am lucky to use my phone to make calls LOL
Richie
On the mobile you don't have to look at that chat box.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky