Al Pastor w-pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
thanks all,

the kind words are appreciated.

This was definitely a fun one. really enjoyed trying something new, and the WSM did its job, it gave even heat to the skewer, and hanging it allowed the pineapple, fat, and onion to drip down through the meat.

thanks nicklemore.  It was a good weekend of doing some different things.

That looks amazing!! It makes me want to do some Mexican! Super job on the pictures too! I knew about the pineapple having the enzyme that helps break down the tissue, but had never heard "Al Pastor" I was like, I wonder who he is, LOL! Such a silly girl.

thanks folks, 

I had alot of fun with the al pastor.  Definitley going to do it again sooner rather than later. 

squirrel, you are right about the pineapples effect on the meat.  I had the large chunk up top,and some more slices mixed in with the meat.  hanging it let all that just drip down through the pork. 

Thumbs up!!! That really looks outstanding! Makes me want to try something a little less traditional than usual stuff I do. Fantastic Job!
thanks, 

thats what this past weekend was all about gyros on the smoker Sat., and the al pastor on SUnday.  Taking a quick break from the typical ribs, etc. to clear my mind with my first competition coming up this Saturday. 

el yucateco green...hot stuff :) nice lookin al pastor jim!
thanks, 

I like the green, flavor and heat.

I am goingto be doing the al pastor like this again for sure. 

have you ever tried their Kutbil-Ik Habanero Extra Hot sauce?
no,  sounds interesting,  just the Yucateoc green, and red, and a caribbean habanero as well..  Ill have to keep my eyes open for it.

yea after looking up the scoville on the green and Kutbil-Ik, 9000 units for the green and 11,600 for the kutbil-lk, mighty hot.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky