Al Pastor on a Rotisserie/WSM

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

danbono

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 19, 2012
North New Jersey Paramus
Hi All
I was thinking of given Al Pastor a try on my rotisserie. I will using a sliced up pork butt,3-4 lbs
I got 2 questions.
1. Can this be done, using the rotisserie, on my WSM 22"?
2. Is there Al Pastor marinade that I buy in a store?
3 Is there a quick one I can make? Quick one= without too may ingredients, that I may have at home..

Thanks Dan

Reactions: JC in GB
Yes.
Not that I know of.
Yes.

Slice it about 1/4"

Chile's Al Pastor Marinade/Sauce
1 28oz Red Enchilada sauce
2 20oz Pineapple chunks, blended till coarse
1/2C Brown sugar, add to taste
6T Guajllo chile powder or regular chile powder.
4T Achiote powder, if not available at equal parts paprika and chile powder to compensate.
2T Paprika
2T Salt, add to taste

Make extra sauce for basting.
Marinate pork steaks overnight.
Pack tightly onto rotisserie
Spin over very high heat to get some charring.
Slice off the edges as they cook and baste with a little more sauce.
Have lots of hot corn tortillas, queso, fresco, salsas, chopped onion and cilantro ready to garnish with.

Last edited:
Love Al Pastore pork. Can't wait to give it a try myself. So much cooking on my list of to dos......

When I find thin cut pork steaks on sale I like to make Al pastor.
I don't have a rotisserie, so I just cook them on the grill and chop it up.
The plus side there is I can char the whole lot at once.

Out of the marinade and on to the grill.
Fg59xhP.jpg

Oh Yeah Baby! Looking Good.
Wza3cHY.jpg

Debone and Chop.
11BB70S.jpg

lDZynud.jpg

Last edited:
It might be hard to balance properly on the rotisserie,but I’ll watch and hope for the best for you.

Good one Mr. Bear.

It's called humor, I think your skivvies are bunching up. Try something besides whitey-tighties next time you get dressed.

Chris

Thanks for the memory Chris. 40 years ago I worked with a Brit house painter who's favorite saying was "Don't get your knickers in a knot".

Jimmy had a great outlook on life. It's a philosophy that I have worked at ever since meeting him. (Don't sweat the small $hit, and "It's all small $hit")

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky