AirFried Pork Roll. (& Steak Fries)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
AirFried Pork Roll. (& Steak Fries)

OK—I ordered some “Bob Evan’s” Sausage from Giant, and due to the Pandemic, they substituted Pork Roll instead.
So now I got a couple Rolls of Pork Roll to use up, so I moved these slices up in the Rotation at the Den, since they were oldest.
I’ve posted Pork Rolls a few times already, but I know there’s new guys coming on this forum all the time, so everything has a chance of being something new to some people. Plus some guys my age can see the same thing every day, & think it's a Brand New Post each time!! LOL

I put 7 slices and a bunch of Steak Fries in both of my Crisper Baskets, and put them in my #360 Air Fryer.
These were Pre-sliced, so all I had to do was make the little cuts around the perimeter, to keep them from cupping, and put them in.
I was out of Kelchner's, so I had to use another Hot Mustard on the Buns, and 2 slices of Pork Roll in each Sammy, along with a bunch of Steak Fries.

Then the next night we had Venison Mix Sloppy Joes, so I saved a Picture as a Bonus for you guys to see.

Thanks for Stopping by,

Bear

Pork Roll Slices & Steak Fries in my Crisper baskets ready for the #360.
Note the little cuts on the perimeter to avoid cupping:
IMG_5724.jpeg

Buns Ready:
IMG_5725.jpeg

Fresh out of the #360:
IMG_5726.jpeg

Bear's Supper:
IMG_5727.jpeg

Bonus Picture of Next Night's Venison Mix Sloppy Joes:
IMG_5729.jpeg

Love that Pork Roll and mustard sandwich . I eat 'til it's gone when I get it , and that's the way I like it best .
Nice meals .
Got a second basket for my 360 . They should come with 2 .

Love that Pork Roll and mustard sandwich . I eat 'til it's gone when I get it , and that's the way I like it best .
Nice meals .
Got a second basket for my 360 . They should come with 2 .

Thank You Rich!!
Yeah---They just want to sell us another basket.
My Showtime Rotisserie was worse----8 positions on the Spinner Wheel, but they only give you 6 skewers!!!!! I stayed with 6.LOL
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Pork roll substituted for Bob Evan’s Sausage? Lol! Like them both. Strange comparison though. The sammies look very good Bear!

Pork roll substituted for Bob Evan’s Sausage? Lol! Like them both. Strange comparison though. The sammies look very good Bear!

Thank You Steve!!
Yeah I might run out of Deerburger soon, so I've been doing some mixing of Sausage & Ground Beef to get something as good as my Deerburger.
So LOL--How am I going to mix a roll of Pork Roll with Ground Beef??? Not a very good substitution, huh!!! Oh well, at least it's something we like, so it won't go to waste!!

Bear

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H
I’ve said this before Bear ( I believe I said it), that pork roll looks like fried bologna. Never had pork roll, but it looks good. Haven’t seen pork roll here in Northern Arkansas, unless I’m over looking it at the grocery store.

Both look great Bear! Love Pork Roll. Limited to get here in Ga. Started getting online from The Pork Roll Man from NJ. It's good and the original stuff I grew up with. Flavor was a little weak due to the slice thickness, so I took a cue from you, and got the unsliced rolls. Slicing my own 1/2' thick, much better stronger flavor. Also hoping to get an Air Fryer this Winter if the Mrs. allows it. LOL. Thanks for sharing.

I love pork roll.

No mustard for me.

Just a good hard roll with poppy seeds, a nice smearing of butter and some black pepper.....

looks tasty bear, ya better keep posting these. i'm not quite your age yet (close though) but i feel like i'm getting forgetful alot these days! that's what i'm told anyway!!

I’ve said this before Bear ( I believe I said it), that pork roll looks like fried bologna. Never had pork roll, but it looks good. Haven’t seen pork roll here in Northern Arkansas, unless I’m over looking it at the grocery store.

Thank You Justin!!
Yeah, I think other than a few places here & there, Pork Roll is pretty much centered on where it came from----New Jersey. It is pretty much like fried Bologna, but I would say it's not really far from tasting like some hot dogs that are out there.
I don't use mustard on a lot of things, but Hot Dogs and Pork Roll are 2 of them.
It's real easy to find around here, but we're only about 50 miles from Trenton, NJ.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Both look great Bear! Love Pork Roll. Limited to get here in Ga. Started getting online from The Pork Roll Man from NJ. It's good and the original stuff I grew up with. Flavor was a little weak due to the slice thickness, so I took a cue from you, and got the unsliced rolls. Slicing my own 1/2' thick, much better stronger flavor. Also hoping to get an Air Fryer this Winter if the Mrs. allows it. LOL. Thanks for sharing.

Thank You Mike!!!
My favorite ways to make these are Grill, AirFryer, and Pan Fried.
The small unsliced rolls are too darn small in Diameter, but still better than pre-sliced. I like the bigger Rolls that are the same size as a Burger Bun, instead of so tiny.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Thank You Mike!!!
My favorite ways to make these are Grill, AirFryer, and Pan Fried.
The small unsliced rolls are too darn small in Diameter, but still better than pre-sliced. I like the bigger Rolls that are the same size as a Burger Bun, instead of so tiny.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear
That's true, I found out the hard way the diameter is much smaller on the small loaves. Next time I'll get the larger loaves and I think those are much larger diameter too. I like it better when the slices are same as the bun.

I love pork roll.

No mustard for me.

Just a good hard roll with poppy seeds, a nice smearing of butter and some black pepper.....

Thank You Bill !!
Hmm, I never tried that, but it sounds good---Well Buttered & some CBP.
That's what I use on an Egg Sammy too. Gotta try that next time (In a couple weeks).

Bear

Reactions: bill ace 350
looks tasty bear, ya better keep posting these. i'm not quite your age yet (close though) but i feel like i'm getting forgetful alot these days! that's what i'm told anyway!!

Thank You Jim!!
We should start a new Sub-forum for "Old Guys".
We could just keep posting the same Smoke every day. Nobody would know it!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: smokerjim
That's true, I found out the hard way the diameter is much smaller on the small loaves. Next time I'll get the larger loaves and I think those are much larger diameter too. I like it better when the slices are same as the bun.

LOL----I wouldn't mind the Small Pork Rolls, if I could buy smaller Burger Buns, or if I was one of these many guys who are good at making their own Rolls!!
Be a good place for a "Slider Roll".

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky