Air Sous vide

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

atomicsmoke

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 3, 2014
Toronto, Canada
I've seen some ads about air sous vide appliances (LG has one for example); basically an oven with better air circulation that can hold temps as low as 100F. Food still has to be bagged, as you would in an SV bath.
Any experience with these? Not planning to buy one, just curious.

• Wow
Reactions: crazymoon
I've seen some ads about air sous vide appliances (LG has one for example); basically an oven with better air circulation that can hold temps as low as 100F. Food still has to be bagged, as you would in an SV bath.
Any experience with these? Not planning to buy one, just curious.
Sounds just like a convection oven with finer temperature control. I understand the food needs to be contained some, but not sure why a bag.

Not sure how much this adds.

I understand the food needs to be contained some, but not sure why a bag.

Not sure how much this adds.
Cooking at low temps for long periods of time would turn the meat into jerky if it were not bagged. The bag keeps the moisture in the meat.

Reactions: chopsaw
It doesn’t seem to be a viable option for me due to the cost. I can’t imagine a situation where it would be better to have than a conventional SV circulator.
Al

Reactions: atomicsmoke
It doesn’t seem to be a viable option for me due to the cost. I can’t imagine a situation where it would be better to have than a conventional SV circulator.
Al
I'd also venture a guess that a conventional SV setup is much more efficient at transferring heat to the food.

Reactions: dr k
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky