air intake on pitboss

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokerjim

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 14, 2014
Northeast pa
I have a pit boss1000t2, the manual says I should clean the air intake with soap and water once in a while, my question is where is the air intake on these, the only place I see what they might be talking about is on the underside of the pellet hopper. or am I missing something. thanks jim

Nope, that is it exactly: on the bottom of the pellet hopper. The manual also recommends pulling off the access cover and cleaning the fan blades from time to time.

Also, on page 18 of Your owners manual says to use soapy water for the cleaning of the air intake vent and the electronic components... I wouldn’t do that. I would purchase and use a can of Aerosol Compressed Air Spray to clean the air intake vent and all of the electrical components inside of the Hopper. Their sold at Home Depot and also at stores like Best Buy. Soapy water and electrical components don’t mix very well together... .02. Good luck.

PB Austin XL in SoCal and Always... Semper Fi

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky