Air Fryer spreadsheet - common foods & a calculator to convert recipes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dward51

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 24, 2011
McDonough, GA
Ok, I've seen this data in various forms but never combined. There are a lot of air fryer food, temp and time tables out there and they all seem to have come from a common source. So the data in this one is not new. What is new is it's in a spreadsheet, and I also added the common recommended formula to convert a conventional oven recipe to an air fryer recipe (time and temp conversions). These are general guidelines as individual air fryers will vary in wattage, size, design, etc... But is gives a decent baseline reference.

One side note, if you totally foobar your food using this data, don't blame me. It's just a suggestion and general guideline (also please PM me if you see a TYPO or feel something needs to be added that is missing).

The spreadsheet is protected and "as is" the only cells you can change data in are the time and temp fields in the bright yellow box of the calculator section. It is *NOT* password protected so it can be modified. Protection prevents accidental changes.

Note: This is in Excel's current .XLSX format. If you have an older version of Excel, just download Microsoft's plug in for your version and you should be able to use it in Excel '97 forward.

This is what the calculator looks like (right side of page):

uksaYax.jpg

Attachments

• Air fryer cooking times.xlsx
    15.5 KB · Views: 650
Thanks for taking the time to create this spreadsheet. I have downloaded as well as printed. I will definitely use this as we are new to the Air Fryer game.

Very nice, thanks. Manufacturers should include a laminated version for quick reference. Especially for Ninja Foodie addicts that also need to refer to roasting, steaming, pressure cooking, sautéing and air frying. Printing now.

Given the similarity between an air fryer and a convection oven (some companies sell combined units), I wonder if the converter calculator would work for them? I have a full-sized convection oven and the usual advice is to cook at 25º lower temperature for 10-15% less time.

The only problem I have with my old "rule of thumb" or with this calculator is that getting good results probably requires a couple of additional variables. For instance, the calculation for cookies recipes should probably be different than for a big piece of meat.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky