Air Fryer fail....again

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Bacon, yes! Salmon filet, yes! Naked wings, yes! Squash, yes! Okra, no.

That's about all that I've tried in ours.

Reactions: Newglide
Just now finished eating a bunch of Costco's 'Just Bare' brand frozen chicken nuggets and hand cut new potato wedges.
Both cooked together in my tiny little air fryer, they came out really good.
Spray with Pam, add seasonings, fried at 390° for 20 minutes.
Ours gets a lot of use for premade frozen foods galore for quick lunches and snacks.

So far, the only use I can find for it is frozen onion rings/fries/etc and hot dogs/sausages (works great for those).
That's where I am, I can make fries and chicken tenders and that's about as far as I can get.

If you use a olive oil spray similar to Pam on the coating that will help with the browning.
Thanks, I did that this time and still not pleased with the result. I may not be using enough. I sprayed them pretty good.

Maybe I'm a slow learner but I gave up on the air fryer after 3 cooks. Wife wanted it and she's used it less than I.
I'm getting close to using it for frozen foods only. I'm in the same ballpark with teaching an old dog new tricks. I can be stubborn too so I'm gonna see if I can figure this thing out, at least one more go.

Shake-n-bake for the win!!!
Shake ne bake? It seriously helped or even better worked?

Reactions: bill1 and SherryT
Gotta give a nod to the Ninja Foodi XL myself. My first use was to kill the claim "it could do a 10 pound chicken". Tried a FROZEN 6 pound turkey loaf (1/2 white meat, 1/2 dark meat) by Butterball. It was wrapped in turkey skin and trussed up with twine. Let's just say we haven't used the 3 gallon deep fryer in the garage since. I know it's not the conventional basket style Air Fryer, and it DOES take up a lot of counter top real estate, but the only time we use the range oven anymore is for pizza because the Ninja Foodi XL is too small. :emoji_unamused:

Don

Gotta give a nod to the Ninja Foodi XL myself. My first use was to kill the claim "it could do a 10 pound chicken". Tried a FROZEN 6 pound turkey loaf (1/2 white meat, 1/2 dark meat) by Butterball. It was wrapped in turkey skin and trussed up with twine. Let's just say we haven't used the 3 gallon deep fryer in the garage since. I know it's not the conventional basket style Air Fryer, and it DOES take up a lot of counter top real estate, but the only time we use the range oven anymore is for pizza because the Ninja Foodi XL is too small. :emoji_unamused:

Don
Same here, worth the counter space. We almost never use the toaster oven anymore. They make a rack for the 6-1 I might get one to increase the space.

Times 2 on the counter space with the 6 + 1 . More than that , I wish all the parts would store inside . The grill plate and the fry basket thing .

Cliff I like that rack .

Times 2 on the counter space with the 6 + 1 . More than that , I wish all the parts would store inside . The grill plate and the fry basket thing .

Cliff I like that rack .
Either the fry basket or grill will store inside but not both.

Right . Wish they would have designed it to hold both when not in use . Doesn't miss by much . I'm working on a " Farm table " to put against one of the kitchen walls . I'll move the Ninja on that for storage .

Reactions: clifish
1677770291273.gif

I love the air fryer for a lot of things, sausage, "Taylor Ham", chicken legs with a light coating (as long as you don't miss any spots with the oil spray.), grilled cheese sandwiches and of course frozen fries and so forth, but I haven't had much luck with a thick egg based coating. I'm getting ready to pound out and coat some pork loin for "fritters" this afternoon. I fry them in oil but I think I'll try one in the air fryer. If it works it'll save a spattery mess on the stovetop....

Reactions: Newglide
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky