Aftermarket PID for Louisianna Grill Pro Series

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcbrignone

Original poster
Oct 19, 2022
I have a Louisianna Grill Pro Series barrel smoker with a Cold Smoke Cabinet attached to the side (It came that way, not my customization.) I have replaced the PID twice and continue to run into the same problem. Whenever the built-in thermometer gets a little residue on it the PID goes to error and stops working shutting off the smoker. I have cleaned everything out steal wooled the thermometer and tried longer smokes like turkey and brisket. About 2 hours into the cook, the PID goes to error and will not function properly again until I cool it down and reclean the burn pit and clean the thermometer.
I actually bought a vertical Pitboss that I am now using for most things which is great, but for more oversized items and for Cold Smoke I would really like to use the original smoker.

Has anyone found an after-market PID that will work on the Louisianna Grill Smokers? I would love to have Wifi and BlueTooth, but I will take anything that works.

Do you know the thermocouple type your controller is using?

You could simply need to replace the faulty thermal probe to fix your box.

Thermocouple probes are inexpensive.

JC

Do you know the thermocouple type your controller is using?

You could simply need to replace the faulty thermal probe to fix your box.

Thermocouple probes are inexpensive.

JC
That is a great question. That crossed my mind when I was typing the post. Not sure why I had not thought of that before. I will reach out to Louissianna Grill and see what is available.

I don't know about compatibility but I will +1 Savannah Stoker. I use one in a Pit Boss and it made the machine usable. Before I upgraded the PID I was ready to sell the dam thing on CL and take the L.

I had a problem with my gas fireplace last winter. Took a dollar bill to the thermocouple to clean it up/polish it and now it runs fine.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky