Advice/tips for shoulder clod?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
A shoulder clod is the lower portion of the chuck over the short ribs. It produces the cross rib roast. It's a decent pot roast although not as nice as a blade. The point is... you can make it good for cheap but you'll make something better for a couple of extra bucks. My clods all get ground.

Hia Dusty, welcome to SMF. Stop into the Roll Call forum and give us an intro post...we're nosy ya'see.. LOL!

And that place and it's clod recipe is featured in Mike Mill's book "Peace, Love and BBQ".

Where is the Q-view Rich?
Is there enough leftovers for all of us
PDT_Armataz_01_11.gif
?

LOL... Sorry Mo. If I Q-viewed everything I cooked my pict place would shoot me :{) And I only did a third of it. It's good, but honestly I prefer brisket over the clod. I'm gonna do another hunk of it in a couple weeks and change a few things, but I need some burger too. Think that third might end up in a 50% mix with pork for another fatty or 4 heh!

Here... criminey! It DID happen! The tree STILL fell, folks, regardless if any of ya heard it! I chopped it up and smoked the clod with it!

Sounds like ya needed a whole tree just to smoke that dude!

You are my hero, you stuck with it, even though I know you were growing impatient!.

Learning is fun!
icon_mrgreen.gif

I ran into some Texans and they suggested smoking a clod. They said it's like a big Brisket Point. As soon as I get a bigger smoker the clod will the first smoke.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky