Advice on Sirloin Tip Roast and London Broil

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nomad_archer

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Oct 21, 2019
Brickerville, PA
So I plan on doing a London Broil and Sirloin Tip Roast on the WSM tomorrow. I have yet to smoke any beef and I'm not quite sure where to start as far as temp, seasoning, and estimated cook time. I say estimated cook time because I need to plan appropriately if this will take 10hrs versus 3-5hrs.

I am thinking about seasoning the night before with SPOG and using hickory. But any advice on seasoning and cook temps would be greatly appreciated.

The seasoning and wood sounds just fine to me, hard to go wrong with straight SPOG on beef. My last tip roast I used Montreal Steak Seasoning after brushing on some A1, that works too. I went at 225º using apple wood in my Pro 100, took just over five hours. RAY

Not sure how big your tip roast is, but neither of those cuts typically take very long to smoke.

My personal recommendation would be to use mesquite if you've got it, but not everyone likes mesquite.

Not sure how big your tip roast is, but neither of those cuts typically take very long to smoke.

My personal recommendation would be to use mesquite if you've got it, but not everyone likes mesquite.

I don't have mesquite but its on my shopping list next time I see it in the store.

I smoked a sirloin tip roast a couple weeks ago and used SPG and rosemary. Used hickory and took it to 125. Let it rest and then slice.

I like to do London broils a little different. Stab with a fork each side about 100 times and throw on some unseasoned meat tenderizer. I like using worshy sauce, SPG and let it sit in the fridge for at least an hour. Get the grill as hot as possible and sear both sides then sit it indirect or on top rack of grill until it hits 125. Slice super thin like a brisket. Here are a couple pics.
Broil2.jpg

Broil5.jpg

I smoked a sirloin tip roast a couple weeks ago and used SPG and rosemary. Used hickory and took it to 125. Let it rest and then slice.

I like to do London broils a little different. Stab with a fork each side about 100 times and throw on some unseasoned meat tenderizer. I like using worshy sauce, SPG and let it sit in the fridge for at least an hour. Get the grill as hot as possible and sear both sides then sit it indirect or on top rack of grill until it hits 125. Slice super thin like a brisket. Here are a couple pics.
View attachment 413726
View attachment 413727
Wow, that looks to be just beyond perfect! RAY

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky